Artist air dry clays are convenient, don't require specialized equipment, and allow for techniques that would not be possible with traditional ceramics.
This sculpture kit was designed for adventurous amateur adults and young aspiring artists* who want to learn to sculpt horses in air dry clay. With their fine legs, delicate ears and flowing tails, horses pose specific challenges when sculpting.
This kit includes a package of non-toxic clay, essential sculpting tools, and a comprehensive instruction book covering foundation and advanced air dry clay sculpting techniques that will guide the beginner sculptor and build their skills as they explore their creativity in this exciting modern medium.
Packaged in a handsome green box, this kit makes the perfect gift for a creative horse-lover.
Each kit includes:
- 1 package of Creative Paperclay air dry clay (16oz)
- 14 ga. Aluminum armature wire (10ft)
- Piece of wire mesh
- Filbert-shaped paintbrush for sculpting
- Wood sculpting tool
- Zip lock bag for storage
- Horse Armature template (for setting the wire armature of a 6" tall sculpture)
- Horse Proportion guide (an easy approach to equine proportions)
- "Sculpting Horses in Air Dry Clay for Artists" 28 page, full-colour instruction book
This kit does not include paint. Creative Paperclay will take a variety of mediums, and the instruction book offers various suggestions. Acrylic paint is the most common.
* The work detailed here would be discouraging to young children, whose small fingers and lack of coordination will make it hard for them to work with small pieces of wet, fragile clay. A minimum age of 12 is suggested.